It’s that time of year again for me and my team – budgeting and planning. It’s the time when we put a magnifying glass on every nook and cranny to see where we can be more efficient and effective: Should we do more of this or eliminate or automate that? I envision grand plans that can be broken into yearly and quarterly milestones, and I imagine many of you are doing the same.
To help you in this exercise, I’ve put together a list of a few areas you might want to consider and some resources that can help in your discovery and planning.
- Develop data confidence. For years, we’ve been told to let the data guide our steps, but that can be a tricky task. Too much data. Not the right data. Data that seems a bit sketchy. This white paper outlines what data you should collect – and when – and offers examples of some campaigns you should be running to get the most out of it.
- Gain deeper insights. Speaking of data … we rebuilt reporting from the ground up to give you the best possible features and functionality. New Reports give you deep insights across dozens of metrics for the most comprehensive view of your performance in Bronto. You can enable New Reports at Home > Settings > Bronto > Labs.
- Make it personal. Are you thinking of adding more sophisticated marketing campaigns, such as browse or cart recovery with personalized product recommendations? Then take a look at your product feed. Brian Krug, trainer to Bronto superstars, says “a custom product feed can super-charge your revenue generation.”
- Simplify segmentation. Segmentation is a huge opportunity that too many marketers pass up. It groups your contacts based on common attributes, such as last purchase, preferences and geolocation. In this post, Veronique McMillan, Bronto product manager, gives two use cases to help get you started.
- Beef up your team. Individual heroics don’t scale. Don’t count on what you or your team alone can accomplish with marketing automation. Your time to revenue will be faster when you can tap into a network of commerce marketing experts to guide your strategies and tactics.
As you go into your planning meetings, consider some of these priorities that can help you build an even more profitable, efficient marketing program. And let us know how we can help you make a case for the commerce marketing projects that are near and dear to your heart.