As part of our ongoing series, we’re shining the spotlight on Senior Commerce Marketing Analyst, Greg Zakowicz, where he’ll be in the coming weeks and what insights he’ll be sharing.
As a former consultant with more than 10 years of experience in email, mobile and social media marketing, Greg Zakowicz has first-hand knowledge about the challenges facing the retail industry. Now, as Senior Commerce Marketing Analyst at Oracle + Bronto, he provides thoughtful insight to the Internet Retailer Top 1000, and is a frequent speaker at ecommerce events.
Be sure to follow him on Twitter at @WhatsGregDoing and take a look at what he’ll be speaking about at these upcoming events.
In this episode of The Commerce Marketer Podcast, Greg welcomes Jeffrey Grannis, Director of Digital at Juice Beauty, to share how Juice Beauty approaches storytelling in their marketing campaigns, and how these strategies can be applied to millennials and non-millennials alike. After all, there is a story in everything!
You’ll hear about:
- Marketing storytelling and Juice Beauty’s approach to it.
- Why retailers have been slow to adopt it.
- How to get started and choose the right story to tell.
- What it is about millennials that makes them so special.
- How to balance storytelling with promotional messaging.
Earning customer loyalty is a simple concept, yet a complicated challenge in today’s highly competitive, digital commerce environment. While consumers increasingly demand more from retailers and brands, most companies fail to meet these expectations. Generic welcome messaging, promotional emails to customers who recently made a purchase, and irrelevant messaging represent just a few examples that turn customers away. Don’t let this happen to you.
Whether you want to admit it or not, the holiday season is almost here. Over the past several years, holiday specials and discounts have started earlier and earlier, making preparation that much more challenging for retailers.
Join Greg as he analyzes past consumer holiday trends, and prepares you for what’s to come this season, including:
- Gray November and how it impacts your holiday strategy;
- Why Cyber Monday won’t be the pinnacle day for online retailers;
- Overlooked email tactics for the season; and
- Ways brick-and-mortar stores can compete and win online.
(Be sure to bookmark this page as we’ll be updating it regularly to include additional details, including webinar times and registration links, about upcoming events.)