Do you transact online? Is email marketing important to your business? How about SEO? Blogs? Twitter? Social Media? Word of Mouth Marketing?
If you answered yes (or even “kinda”) to any of the above, read on.
In my opinion, two of the absolute best resources for online retailers are The Retail Email Blog and Get Elastic. If you are not already actively reading/following both of them, the time to start is now. A brief description of both:
1. The Retail Email Blog is penned exclusively by Chad White, The Retail Email Blog is the “strategic retail partner of the Email Experience Council.” Chad tracks email marketing campaigns of the top online retailers and writes about the good, the bad, and the ugly with daily frequency. Highlights include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Retail Email Index – a line graph of the promotional email volume generated by 100 of the top online retailers
- AM Inbox – a daily post based on Chad’s morning inbox
- Subjectivity Scanner – select noteworthy subject lines
- Hall of Fame/Shame – annual posts centered around Oopsy, Subject Line, and Design Hall of Fame.
The list goes on and on. Basically, if you can’t find what you are looking for on The Retail Email Blog, it is probably because it does not exist.
*Follow Chad and the The Retail Email Blog on Twitter.
2. Get Elastic is the Ecommerce blog from Elastic Path, a company who “provides ecommerce software and services to help companies optimize their online businesses.” Linda and co-founder Jason are extremely knowledgeable in everything ecommerce-related. They are also both active in the social media world. The Get Elastic blog focuses on SEO, Conversions, Email Marketing, Web Design, Usability, Social Media Marketing, and Shopping Cart Abandonment to name a few. Every single post is well-researched, insightful, and thought-provoking.
So, what are you waiting for?
Director of Best Practices & Deliverability