Host: Greg Zakowicz, Senior Commerce Marketing Analyst, Oracle + Bronto
Guest: Phillip Jackson, Ecommerce Evangelist, Something Digital
Topic: Site Search, Consumer Experience, and the Future of Commerce 2.0
Technology is evolving quickly, and the way consumers interact with retailers is changing just as fast. From mobile browsing to voice commands, retailers need to take stock of the experiences they provide and how well they are meeting consumer expectations.
In this episode of The Commerce Marketer Podcast, Something Digital’s Phillip Jackson and I discuss how site search is changing, the expectations of today’s consumers and what the future looks like for commerce marketers.
In part 1, you’ll hear about:
- Phillip’s background and his former life as a rock star … seriously!
- Why you’re not competing with Amazon. (8:20)
- Whether site search is the most important step in the customer journey. (10:00)
- How mobile devices and spoken word affect site search. (14:15)
- The biggest misconception about site search. (23:00)
In part 2, we discuss:
- The new paradigm of mobile computing and platforms of the future. (2:00)
- What the future of customer support looks like. (5:00)
- The commerce of virtual and augmented reality. (15:00)
- Why social platforms like Facebook no longer exist. (22:00)
- What marketers need to take stock of today. (24:00)
And stay tuned for the next installment of The Commerce Marketer Podcast. In the meantime, you can check the blog for our latest episodes, browse our complete playlist on YouTube or subscribe to our series via iTunes.