Bronto’s Social Committee decided to hold on to the warm weather this year by organizing a Summer in December themed Holiday party. The event took place on Friday, December 12th, at the Cotton Room in Durham. We had an attendance of about 300 guests, which included Brontos and their guests!
Our Summer in December theme would not have been complete without the following luau-themed essentials…
- Hawaiian fire-thrower and hula girl lei greeting
- Traditional hula dance performance complete with a fun hula lesson.
- Photo booth with fun, tropical props.
- A Bronto-shaped ice luge with lemon drop shots.
- A DJ spinning tropical tunes and pop hits
The venue was decked out in tropical decor such as palm trees, a lifeguard stand, beach umbrellas, an ocean-projected dance floor, and of course, multiple tiki bars! Each tiki bar was fully-stocked with fun themed drinks that were named after employees. For example, the Party Marti Mai Tai, Tara Tequila Sunrise, Kestrel Lemen Thyme for Bourbon and the Banana Boquist Passion Fruit and Rum. Some of these tasty drinks came served as snow cones in fun light-up Bronto coconut cups.
Brontos dined on island-themed foods such as Kahula Pig, Mango & Cucumber Salad, Coral Reef Crab Cakes, a fruit tree, shrimp served on an ice display and a variety of mini desserts.
No Bronto party is complete without awesome prizes. Congrats to everyone who won a prize in our rafffle!
- Jambox speaker winners: Kestrel Lemen, Jen Fentress, Javed Mortuza
- Bronto-green Beats by Dre headphones winners: Linsey Martin, Brad White
- Fathead winner: Dustin Hampton
- 1 Day of PTO winners: Jonathan Kremer, Ron Stebelton
- Bronto 2015 Fast Pass winner*: John Henry Gunther
- 2015 Kitchen Duty Pass winner**: Matty Wentworth
*Fastpass is a new award at Bronto. The winner gets to skip ANY line at the company. Long line at the coffee machine on a Monday morning? No problem! This winner gets to jump to the front. Queued up for lunch at our monthly company meeting? John won’t be at the back of the line; he will get his food before anyone else.
**Kitchen Duty Pass – Every Bronto is responsible for helping to clean up the company kitchen, but this lucky winner skips his turn next year!
Of course, the best two prizes were left for last. Those who stuck around until the end had the chance to win a trip to work in our London or NY office for a week. Congrats to the lucky winners, Sam Krafte and Ryan Cates!
Check out the awesome pictures from the party on Flickr and some silly photobooth pictures.
Afterwards, Brontos who still had some energy left headed over to one of our favorite local breweries, Fullsteam, for a fun after-party.
Many thanks to Bronto’s Social Committee for helping to organize the party. We’re already looking forward to planning next year’s soiree!